Sunday 9 October 2011

Mini Modern Quilt.....

 
I've finally finished my mini quilt! I thought I would have another go using fleece as the backing and wadding. The fleece is very stretchy so you have to be really careful when quilting the layers together. Its gives a nive snuggly finish to the mini lap quilt though.
I couldn't resist adding this photo, Luna has just had a shower after our Sunday morning walk round Linacre Reservoirs. This is her favourite sleeping place......
I have used varigated quilting threads, in contrasting pink and orange. I wanted to make sure it was quilted heavily so I have sewn contrasting lines every couple of inches.


Here is the full layout, it measures 40" x 42"

A close up of the stitching!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Poppet said...

This wonderful quilt will keep you warm through those cold nights. :-) xx

Sandra Hall said...

Wow! Jo this is GORGEOUS...love the vibrant pink and orange together :D

angelwhispers said...

Fab colours Joe and love the fabric! Chanelle xxx