Wednesday 25 April 2012

Work in Progress


My regular sewing class has had some great tutors over the last few months. On Saturday Jane Rollason came to demonstrate a lovely paper piecing technique to make a curved  Log Cabin design.
 I love it when a plan comes together. I have been working on a fabric scrapbook layout to record my fond memories of my old dog George and his love for the beach so I've use the same fabric to complete a few curved log cabins which I will include in my fabric layout. I have audition one of the blocks below.......
You can see more of my fabric layout here. I also thought I would share some of my friend's blocks which are much bolder, they really show of the curved design.

Overall we had a great day, Jane was really helpful and talked us through the endless design possibilities with this block. I think I may have a go at some larger blocks when time permits!

No comments: