Tuesday 16 June 2009

I love rainy days.....

What great British weather we are having...for ducks! It was very stormy here yesterday and it rained buckets. That's ideal sewing weather! I managed to finish off 2 projects (gold star for me!)

I recently joined a Flickr group who were doing a placemat quilt swap. When you signed up you were giving a partner who you would make a placemat for and then you would swap. Via email you and your partner were to agree colour schemes and designs....luckly my partner wanted a surprise! I choose a range of fabrics that I have collected with chickens on. I also added Ric Rac, which Im so drawn to at the moment!!

The next project I've been working on for a while...as you may know by now I like dogs! Ive made a mini quilt with some of my favourite breeds appliqued on. I love helping dog rescue charities so though may offer it to a charity to raffle and raise a bit of money as they always have vets bills to pay.


This is my favourite..... my next dog maybe....a black pug! I have free motion quilted the whole panel after appliquing the dogs on. I couldnt resist the the Bali Batik fabric's especially in my favourite colours!


2 comments:

Daisy236 said...

Im away for a few days...will catch up with the blogging when I get back...yey for good weather!

Gail Burton said...

I love this!!! Did you finally sell it on?

Gail x