Tuesday 10 November 2009

Memories!

I've had such a busy weekend, we had a family Bonfire Party. My sister made the scrummy Snickers muffins above and the OH made a Baileys and Chocolate Cheesecake. He is great, he just makes the recipes up as he goes along! The party was lovely, we had a few pretty fireworks for my niece Isabel...no bangers as she only 16 months old!
I am working on scrapbooking my recent London trip with my Grandma, I am putting them in an 8x8 book so I wont bore you with it as you have seen the photos before! I love looking back through my scrapbooks, this is one of my favourite pages. My sister and I went back to New York in 2007. We had been before so this time we had a list of stuff we either missed or loved the first time round! As always it is a double page layout with the title going over both pages. I wanted to keep the page black and white with a hint of colour so I picked out the blue of the NY sky.


I mentioned a while ago on my blog that I would show you the pages about my motorbike accident. Id forgotten how bad they are...design wise! I think these pages were completed within the 1st six months of scrapbooking so dont look at the LO. I like the photos and the story it tells!


I was in and out of hospital for 3 years, and I think 5 operations before I started to totally recover. I spent the 1st 6 months in a wheelchair which meant I had to move out of my flat and in with some very kind friends. Some of you know Mary who comes to the Craft Den with me, she set up a bedroom for me in her Dining room and I lived with her for a year until I found a ground floor flat! Mary taught me how to sew and the rest is history! It helped my recovery as it took my mind of the situation I was in. When I looked back now, it brings back lots of good memories Ive forgotten the bad bits!

2 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Love your pages Joe and the story it tells about the accident!! Sounds as if Mary was a life saver xx The muffins and cheesecake love fabulous!! xxx

Kathryn said...

I think these pages about your accident are really good, and really keep those memories alive in a positive way for you. What a lovely lady Mary is! If you saw my layouts in the fisrt 6 months.... I love the angles you have used and the repeated photo in different sizes. K x